Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 09:48 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldee wins View Post
I would’ve hit the ticket for $255,000. but,I did get five out of six a few times and got almost $10,000 back.

I guess I could embellish and say I could top you but my math says I only made a bad mistake costing me $225,000. During a speed bias at DMR somewhere probably in 1987 or 1988. I have mapped out a $128 pic six ticket.

I am thinking of taking the 100 mile drive to Delmar in the opposite direction of the 30 mile drive two work. One issue, I have a long perfect attendance streak, that is paying me a fat bonus that increases 2 OT hours a month. They used this as bribe to get better attendance since 1/2 the work force were coke or meth addicts it did not for the most part work. For people like me it was free money, no lates, no sicks, and even a vacation day needed to be put in for 2 weeks in advance. I am hearing through the grape vine it is going to be killed off. I am up to a 48 Hr OT bonus a month and at $14 an hour that is my apartment rent and truck payment after taxes on the house.

For some reason I remember numbers. $435 for the apartment $212.83 for the truck. I figure money for nothing is going away soon. I end up going to work.

Deciding factor was a co-worker, I was separated and would later get divorced, she was married to a guy on the other side of the plant, who was unfaithful. (He had a thing for white women but married a black one) We seemed to enjoy each others company, but I knew if I took her up on her offer, the coke head would probably do something stupid and cost us both our jobs.

They killed the bonuses the next month, watching the replays on KDOC channel 56 at 4-4 with good prices I am rooting against my selections.
My ticket would have hit, there was a single winner, divide that with me and some 5's and I am out $225k. I soon left that job. That money could have been life changing, DAMN IT! With $225K I could of grabbed the girl and skipped town.

At the time I could get a job anywhere. I have another, not as bad blew a shot at 4 guys splitting $140k. Maybe I will tell that one tomorrow. I have been accused of writing novels. On a PC keyboard even with sausage fingers I type quick for a man. So they are not novels to me. I have a weird style but it probably comes from long hand coding and using cut and paste and altering old programs. I would rather type a lot and use free software instead of typing a little and using the $25,000 stuff.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.