Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #145
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker7
To me, the lasix issue is pretty much a nothingburger in terms of impacting the horse population negatively.

Sure, there are purists who consider any unnatural substance to be the end of the world. Just like vegetarians and meat, and all that jazz. But their claims strike me as mostly exaggeration and hyperventilation.

Believe it or not, people like me have consciences about animal treatment. But, speaking for myself, being reasonable is part of the equation.

For instance, why do human triathletes who punish their bodies beyond normal limits, dehydration and exhaustion and all, escape the criticism that clobbers horse trainers for brief Thoroughbred water loss via lasix? The latter is nearly benign, compared to the former. And don't give me the baloney about animals having no say. Either drastic measures are unconscionable for every species or they're not. Either mild/momentary impacts are acceptable, or they're not ... universally across the spectrum.
I see, statements that animals have no choice about what harmful drugs are injected into their system are baloney. So you must think that horses are asking for Lasix. It is the moral responsibility of trainers to do what is best for their equine charges.
Your continued claiming that the effects of Lasix are "mild and momentary" are contradicted by all the science. Please educate yourself on the subject before making your incorrect statements.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)