Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Anthony Stabile
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #54
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Peps View Post
I think David's frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic. When it works there isn't a ride that is more of a pleasure to watch I do think Rosario is great on the lead when he does go that route for my money there is nobody that I would want on my horse and that is just my opinion. When he goes to the lead he does exactly that, he will open up. He was key in developing one of my better horses over the years by creating a running style that was tough to compete with in many races. Joel can be frustrating at times but he has a ton of confidence and I can say from personal experience if he makes a mistake while riding a horse he is one of the very few that will tell you exactly that and he gets my respect for that. Rosario is kind of a mad scientist in my book but a world class rider and a very solid dude. Hell of a nice guy as well ( not that anyone said otherwise)
We could criticize every jockey at the track for being overly patient at times, when it comes to the guys that win the highest percentage of their races though it becomes the Pat Day effect. Expecting them to win every race where their mount is live....regardless of the class of the horse, the pace dynamics of the race and the running style of their mounts.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)