Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. -- Some horsemen have expressed concern with Saratoga’s main track, specifically that the inside is too deep in the stretch, but is not that way on the backside.
Setting aside the debate about the track, I thought this was far and away the most valuable sentence in the article for horseplayers. In almost every discussion about bias here and on Twitter for the last GOD knows how many years I always make a point of saying that tracks aren’t uniform. IMO you should think of biases in terms of sections of the track. I think an endless number of biases are missed or misdiagnosed because people think in terms of the rail being uniform around the track. I typically think in terms of the turn and stretch as separate components and find plenty of days where I think the turn is clearly biased but the stretch is not. However, over the years I’ve even seen days where the turn seems neutral and the stretch is heavily biased. It happens. And as gamblers, IMO it’s worth the extra time.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-08-2022 at 11:31 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)