Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 09:35 PM   #6
MJC922

I'm very picky when it comes to devices but I sprung for a Surface Go about 18 months ago and have not regretted that. I have to say I really like this device. I bought the detachable keyboard and the stylus with it at the time so the whole thing came to maybe $600-ish not sure. It's running Windows 10 and Edge for the browser. When I open a PDF it opens within the Edge browser and I can mark it all up with the stylus. If you pull off the backlit keyboard (it's magnetic) you can just use the device like a regular tablet with touchscreen, onscreen keyboard, watch youtube whatever. Stylus is magnetic too, just snaps onto the side.

What else, hmm, it logs me in with facial recognition, pretty slick. I was able to install the full office suite which I have fully licensed from prior years, I run Office 2010 still which is fine, you need to be careful with Office though because they default to wanting you to use the web-based office stuff, I forgot what I had to do so it doesn't bug me about that anymore. It also may have been shipped with Windows 10 in S -mode which I switched out of ASAP into regular windows mode. Depends what you want to do with it but I really like the device for the price. Just the whole thing as a package, build quality etc. Really no complaints and this was a low spec model, higher spec variants are probably all the better.

Last edited by MJC922; 07-07-2022 at 09:40 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)