Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I don't think Trump is a bad person nor do I believe he's been a bad president. His desire to wallow in the gutter with gutter folk is a huge turnoff even for a Trump supporter like me. You are correct. The Dems could have had this in the bag with majorities in both houses. They completely whiffed on this and it will cost them the presidency and the senate. I certainly believe Biden is the wrong candidate to put out there, but to me the policy position on rioting and police defunding is what is killing them. Most people want safety and the idea of supporting rioters and defunding the police is counter to common sense. Safety is an idea rooted in our most basic reptilian emotions and people will run from anyone or anything that poses a threat. The Dems are that threat which is why they are changing their tune. Unfortunately for them, I think the concrete has hardened and they can't undo all the words and actions.
Well said! And I would add to that the covid-19 virus has hurt the dimwits more than the Republicans, also, because the nation has seen the proclivity for tyranny and stupidity, for that matter, in dimwit governors. It's one thing to talk Democrat policy or ideology but something else altogether to see it implemented and what the effects are.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most