Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
jay68802

Syndicate experiences

I am in one, and have been with the same 4 guys for 8 yrs now. We started with 7 people and have lost a few along the way for various reasons. One passed, one moved to a different state, and one quit. It is a small group, and we do have some rules that we follow. I do not know if some of these rules would work for larger groups, but we are happy with them.

To start we all put up $1000.00 each. Our bankroll has got to as low as $2800.00, but has moved up to $10,000.00 for about 6.5 years now. We go after carryover pools and mandatory payouts most of the time. Once in a great while we will play a regular pool, but not to often.

All of us, like all handicappers, have different styles.

"Jeff": Jeff is probably the most improved handicapper of the group. He purchased a program recently and it has helped. He has more angles than any other player that I know.

"Vern": We call him Mr. Chalk. Never met a favorite he does not like, and yes we say it to his face. Very valuable for finding that one single. He is also the breeding guy, and his input on this subject is a plus.

"Jay": Guess who this is. I could not describe my style, but it works once in a while. I am also the cook for our celebrations. Do not laugh, even the 2 spouses of the married player's agree, my grilled pizza is a favorite.

"George": The anchor, and the best handicapper. Can take a hour to handicap a 5 horse field. Solid in all area's. Also controls the bankroll, ticket structure, and how much we spend.

We all have to agree to go after a pool. If someone does not want to, then we are watching and not wagering.

Each player has 2 horses he can protect, and those horses will be used, regardless of any one's opinion. Most other selections are on a consensus basis, and if we are over budget, the George decides which one is not used.

The best part about it is we get together in person or on the phone and have some lively debates on horse racing.

That is how we do this, and are happy with it.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most