Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 02:48 AM   #492
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I've gotten about 20-25% of it back thus far (depending on how today finishes).

It's going to be a bit of an uphill battle though...although with the VIX moving up, it could come back quickly if I'm on the right side of things...if not...
Playing the short side is riskier - the time frames of the dips are much more compressed. Replacing a strategy of BTFD with "sell the rip" is easier said than done.

Didn't quite get to 2581, as the /ES now down 10. Feel good about getting out of my long at 2577.75 earlier today - turns out that was about 1/2 point below the daytime top.

Lots of risk over the next few days, with Trump teasing us like a schoolgirl getting a new car for her birthday with his "major announcement" soon (N. Korea?), the tax plan vote in the House, and the holiday week coming up. I may go long if I can get in around 2555 and it looking like a short term bottom. Keeping an eye on metals, treasuries and DXY for hints about where the dollar goes.

Short Term Trend: down, but looking for a bounce up around 2555, or a bounce down off 2481. Next top after a bounce could be around 2612, but it could run higher or collapse anytime after reaching 2595....

Medium Term Trend: up, break below about 2502 on the /ES confirms change.

Long Term Trend: up, break below about 2380 on the /ES confirms change.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)