Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #32
chiguy

I would be curious to know how many active customers the ADW's have. While I do see a decline in attendance at the brick and mortar facilities I have been using for years, my assumption has been that it is pretty well related to the rise and use of ADW's. I am 57 so while no spring chicken, I do have a decent handle on technology. I am still teachable. The average age of an ADW customer must be lower than my age. This may be part of the perception that the horse player is dying off. The younger ones are doing it through an ADW and not showing up at the track or simulcast facility except for some big days for the atmosphere. I am pretty sure that there are overall less players than there used to be but there is only so much gambling capital out there and not having an almost exclusive hold on it like horse racing did in the 50's and 60's would naturally lead to a decline. I believe I have also mentioned in the past on another thread that since I first started going to the track in 1985, everyone has been telling me the horse player is a dying breed. I do have three grown kids and I would on occasion (Del Mar only) take them to the track for the day. None of them showed any interest in the game at all and still don't care to this day. I even used to try and help them with fractions by showing them how to handicap. Maybe that was a big mistake!
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most