Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #22
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You are absolutely right...Trump was a "reaction". The Democrats presented an unworthy candidate...and the voters "reacted" in an understandable way. And we had to suffer through four years of "clueless Trump" as a result...as you so aptly pointed out.

And now "clueless Trump's" four years are up...and the voters were due for another understandable "reaction". And we'll have to suffer through four years of "sleepy Joe"....as a result of this latest one. And in four more years...another voter "reaction" will be in the works. And then the suffering will begin anew. Thank God we've been given the "right to vote".
I think you'll find that Biden will be much more moderate than expected. If there is going to be any hard left reaction, it will be in the House of Representatives. With a balanced Senate, and an old school guy like Biden as President, outside of fiscal issues, I think this could be a smoother ride than expected. The one that makes me nervous a little is Madam Vice-President elect. I'm not really sure who or what she is, and she could be one of the more prominent VPs we've ever had. And with Biden's age, she's as close to the big desk as she could be without actually sitting behind it. I'm pretty certain Biden will be re-elected in 2024 if he doesn't do anything but keep the waves to a minimum, but whether he'll live through 8 years is a legitimate concern.

The voter turnout was outstanding for the future. The higher the turnout, the better the results. Large voter turnout will always funnel to the center. Those voters that exercise their right to vote religiously are way more apt to vote along strict party lines than irregular voters. Those that vote only when they are excited will vote more to address issues that have swung too far one way or the other, and tend to pull it back towards the center. This November has been an outstanding example of that. If the Dems would have put Hillary up again, Trump would have won again. The more moderate Biden was a step in the right direction.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)