Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #7793
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Of course, you "never threatened". Your modus operandi has always been to apply your presuppositional filters a priori to scripture to get your desired message from it. Hiesler shared this insight about people who operate as you do:

Filters are used to eliminate things in order to achieve a desired result. When we use them in cooking, the unwanted elements are dredged, strained and discarded. When used in our cars, they prevent particles from interfering with performance. When used in email, we weed out what (or whom) we don't want to read. What's left is what we use -- what contributes to our meal, our engine or our sanity.

So, if someone shouts "fire" in a crowded theater, and there's a real fire, that person's ego is the motive? Plus I'm not one threatening anyone. I'm just the messenger, not the source of scripture. Christians evangelize out of joyful obedience to the second greatest commandment, which is: "Love your neighbor, as you love yourself".

It is your ego that insists on using filters for virtually every passage in scripture to get to your desired result -- all because your ego will not allow you to process God's truth.
There you go again. with your fire (and brimstone). Maybe your "perceptions" are not all as perfect and cracked up as all you claim them to be. When we argue I aim to make my case, as you should yours. That is my only "modus operandi".

You however throw in lots of fear, lasting for ever and ever.

Last edited by hcap; 08-17-2018 at 01:22 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)