Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Bob Baffert
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 11:56 AM   #22
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
When the pace is fast, it's not that unusual for the winner of the duel to put away the other challengers and go on to win and earn his typical speed figure. That's because the fastest/highest quality horse of the group is often still running within a range that's comfortable enough for him. The inferior ones are well past that point and get torched. Even some of the cheaper horses off the pace can get torched trying to keep up with the leaders during the middle fractions.

The ones that are suspicious to me are the horses that get involved in a rapid pace, put away the other speeds and chasers, get a severe late challenge by a quality closer that had a perfect trip, and still have enough left to rebreak and repulse that late challenge.

There are only so many great horses.
I saw that type of thing about 4 times in my first 25 years of following the game. I saw it 4 times from Baffert horses last week. We've grown numb to it but it was NEVER a thing many years ago.

All of the writing is on the wall. Unfortunately, it takes drug test positives to make it official and that is not going to happen due to the inadequacy of the methods.

Really no sense worrying about it. If those that are in charge of the integrity of the game, other trainers, other owners and basically everyone in and around the game accepts this then it is what it is. For some people, the game is their own personal ATM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom