Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
keilan
Veteran

"A lesson in the unimportance of self-importance”

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

The above is clearly urban legend but serves as a reminder to those that feel entitled only because of their citizenship or the 'infallibility' of power."

I recently sat in attendance watching the “world junior’s”. Regardless who the US team played against 19,000 fans cheered for the other team. It wasn’t like we feared playing against the US team later in the tournament but rather a way of us objecting to the disrespect we’re shown far too often.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on this board and witnessed members sit behind their keyboards typing despicable things about us. It’s not funny! Mike is the “Joe Paterno” of this board – a man that could act but chooses to turn the other way!

This thread wasn’t started with any agenda in mind but hopefully some of you reading this thread will take pause before you post.
keilan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.