Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 04:08 PM   #2282
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Thanks Robert. Appreciate the nice words.

Actually Stewards are required to be excellent, trained race watchers. They train on it at accreditation schools, take CE's and attend meetings to go over interesting films at least twice a year.

Of course some are better than others. But I've NEVER worked with a Steward that was terrible & clueless. Well actually one but it's a rarity. She would just wait until me and the other guy would watch the movie and vote whichever way we would. If we disagreed she'd go with whomever convinced her.

That's very rare.

We also learn from each other.

Best film watcher I ever worked with was in Ca. Hall of Famer jockey Darrell McHargue. I learned a ton from him. Lot's of others I've worked with either as announcer or fellow steward that were terrific. Walter Blum, Jeff Noe, Charlie Camac, Pete Pederson, Hubert Jones, Scott Chaney, Kim Sawyer, Grant Baker, Will Meyers, John Herbevaux, Dave Samuels, Albert Christianson, Kenny Church, Stan Bowker, Jorge Estrada, Jeff Williams, Tom Ward and many others.
You know the steward game.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.