Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #43
KyRacer

DJofSD,

Sorry it didn't work for you. I was hoping that would solve the problem. My old installation that I've been using has to have the "Run as Administrator" box checked, probably because I installed it as Administrator. The new installation runs both with the box checked or unchecked.

Last night I deleted the fonts from the font folder and ran the custompp program to see what would happen and got a popup similar yours. Try right clicking on custompp and going to properties and try running both as Administrator and with the box unchecked. Don't forget to hit apply. Open your word processor and see if the pp2a and pp2b appear in the fonts drop down menu. Can you print with them?

When you tried the full installation (briscustppfull2400.exe), did it hang when it got to pp2b font or did it complete the installation? If it didn't hang and completed the installation, then it must be looking for a different file than the pp2b font. That would make me wonder why it hangs on me. If it completed did it leave a install.log file in the folder?

How do you get to the Windows Feature screen that your showing?

I think the original PP Generator was developed with Foxpro, but I think the current version was made with Visual Basic 6.0. There's a program at AnalogX.com called textscan that lets you look at text inside of a program. Got the feeling the program was a VB6 program.

Last edited by KyRacer; 06-11-2014 at 06:43 PM.
KyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)