Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #9
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

My personal opinion of this year's PGA, Whistling Straits is perfect for a PGA Championship as it usually plays, but this week things prevented it from playing normally; unusually calm winds, had enough rain early on to keep the greens holding, all Pete Dye courses reward good play and punish bad play and several players played very good out of the rough and traps, some very good scrambling, and good putting on greens that can be quite troublesome. If the wind had been more normal for WS things would have been much different.

Overall, the course played easier than it normally would, agreed, but some players just flat played great golf! Yes, the equipment has improved, but there were more than enough shots into the rough, by lots of players, to keep the scores lower, however there were some great shots out of that rough and those traps. Putting 4 good rounds together on a course as challenging as this one is not easy, but a few did just that. Jason Day simply played more aggressively on Sunday and kept everyone else at bay. Great round of golf, regardless of the course! Jordan is for real, but I felt he was waiting for Jason to make mistakes instead of being more aggressive, especially early on Sunday. If Day had not played lights out, it would have been a much better finish, but "ifs" are just "ifs" and Jason didn't crack!

I hope I get to see Whistling Straits again, soon, great Pete Dye course!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)