Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #20
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
California Chrome, off a layoff, was beaten 7 lengths in the PA Derby by Bayern who walked on the lead--this coming off a pathetic 1/2 mile pop-and-stop in the Travers.

Bayern then lasted a nose and neck in front of Chrome in the BC.

Probably would impact the general public interest in the TC and by extension possibly the network televising of the 3 races.

By the way, if the crux of your argument is that the TC is too hard physically on horses (which is probably true), then I don't see why you would keep the Kentucky Derby on the first Saturday in May. Certainly much of what you call the "TC grind" is really the grind getting to the Kentucky Derby. Most of the injuries to key horses crop up before May and not during the Triple Crown.
For me any and all changes are on the table. For example if you ran the Derby later you could run a longer spring Keeneland meet. You can't start it earlier because of the weather but you can run it longer.

I'm for a very simple concept to increase exposure to the sport. Make changes to the major races that increase exposure. Run the meets such as Keeneland, Del Mar and Toga longer that attract casual fans.

Essentially stop making fans adapt to your b.s. Traditions and give them what they show they want.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)