Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #127
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I try to tell people this all the time. They are one part of the puzzle. Maybe back when Beyer made figures before he went public he could blindly bet them and win, though I tend to doubt figs alone beat the game even then, but those days are long gone and any serious bettor that uses figures knows this.
I think some people will never get it. They still think it's the old days before we had modern speed figures with all their adjustments for factors such as pace, ground loss, etc. They chose to ignore the impact that modern studies in exercise physiology have on pace, efficient pace patterns and energy distribution.

Most importantly, they cling to the characterization of a figure handicapper who slavishly just bets his top number. No good figure figure handicapper does that.
They must cling to the old fashion methods of incorporating multiple factors that modern speed and pace figures more accurately measure.

Last edited by bobphilo; 11-07-2018 at 06:50 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)