Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #75
classhandicapper

I still pay almost no attention to weight unless there's a huge weight shift. I find that I am virtually always confused about some very major aspect of a race that makes a couple of pounds either way seem trivial.

In most races I am unsure what the pace is going to be like, whether a bad race last out was because of an off track or because the horse went off form, whether the figure I am looking at is accurate given that several other figure makers disagree, whether a particularly tough day to decipher was biased or honest, what some horse is going to do stretching out 2F, whether a horse is dropping in class because the connections are trying to win or because something is wrong with it, how much that tough trip actually cost the horse etc...

I can't bring myself to tweak my thinking for small shifts in weight that might not matter and that will probably already be built into the odds by weight sensitive handicappers when there are major issues I often don't have a firm opinion about. It feels like noise relative to the big picture.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)