Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #50
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Having been back at Saratoga last summer and seeing actual lines at the betting windows made it easy to understand why there's been a longer-than-your-typical-track gap between post times there. There may be other reasons, but handling the on-track crowd seems like it would be the main one.

I enjoy the Saratoga Live show greatly, and my only real disappointment comes when we don't get to see:
1) a jump race that starts before the show slot; or
2) see no paddock and an abbreviated post parade of the first race with the first going off shortly after the show comes on; or
3) don't get the full followup (interview, replays, discussion) of the last race because of running close to or a little over the end of the slot.

It would be nice to see NYRA/Fox broadcast team consider(re-consider?) compressing the rest of this year's Saratoga post times just a bit so that we could see all of the pre-race and post race of all of the races. It appears that there's enough time available overall, and the consideration of the on-track fans isn't the same factor this year. Of course there may be other things at play I'm not aware of.
I'm not sure but I think the YouTube coverage might start before the actual TV show so you can see the jump race.
I know I sometimes get the notice that Saratoga Live is on well before the scheduled start, but I've never tuned in early.

Also, there are at least three Spanish language YouTube channels that livestream various American tracks and some show the entire Saratoga card including the jump races.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)