Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #33
cutchemist42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
One way to understand why racing's position on Lasix is so terrible is to clear your mind of sny of your knowledge about horse racing and then re-read this statement.

How does PETA's argument sound to an ordinary person who pays no or little attention to horse racing? Of course horses have to be sound. Of course we can't be running them when they are injured or sick. Etc.

Now, as a practical matter, there's no way racing could exist under the rules proposed by PETA (which, of course, is a feature and not a bug to PETA). But it is still a powerful argument. I suspect if PETA put this rule into a ballot initiative, they could pass it in California.

Racing has to care about this. It is going to need to meet PETA halfway or breakdowns will eventually result in the banning of the sport.
The language used to ban greyhound racing in Florida applies just as equally to horse racing which should make some uncomfortable.

I guess I also wonder how the breakdown rate compares to international standards? Are American horses more drugged than what you see in Europe or Hong Kong or Japan?
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most