Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
Java Gold@TFT

I have known a couple of trainers personally who I know for a fact bet on some of their horses. The thing is you will NEVER see them standing in line at the windows betting or cashing out. The money is always in the hands of a trusted friend or the owner. There is nothing to stop the owner from betting on his horse and many do hand over fist. I also know that one of these guys would tell the jockey before the race that he was putting a little extra something on the horse as a "tip" for his best effort. Personally I don't have a problem with it if they are betting on their own horses. I would worry if they were betting on horses in the race other than their own. I agree though thatthis show is on Animal Planet and not ESPN or TVG so some aspects of the game don't need to be examined like a 60 Minutes expose.
Java Gold@TFT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)