Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Imriledup

Jockeys. The TV program on Animal Planet

Noticed something interesting on yesterday's show and i wanted to discuss this with the panel here. Unless i'm mistaken, there's been no mention of actual horse betting by the jockeys. Did Iggy and his girlfriend have NO dollars to win on his mount that won at the end of the show? Did Kristin and Chantal have ZERO dollars to win on BullyBullyBully a couple of shows ago?

Betting is what makes this sport go and yet betting is never really mentioned on this program. They make references to one professional gambler who wears a hat, but other than him, betting isn't discussed. No jockey is overheard placing a bet with a runner....do these jocks not bet one dollar ever on their mounts?

I know it would look 'bad' for some reason if a jock bet on his own runner, or, maybe jocks are not allowed to wager even if it IS on their own horse?
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)