Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #19
Semipro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
The story Dutrow gives for his using steroids in his horses is hilarious. A shiny coat comes from good feed and a good groom. It's just a BS story he gives his owners so they don't question him about the vet bill.
Note: I am not knocking the man for the use of steroids, because I agree that 95% of the trainers do use them. However, those trainers are not using them to acquire shiny coats on their horses. They use them to keep a "level playing field." I have a problem with the "crock of poo" Dutrow feeds to his owners who want a shiny coated horse.
Not every horse in a cheating trainers barn needs "help". Personally, I don't think Dutrow would do anything stupid with BB. The horses feet on the other hand is a different story. Legally, they can be blocked. You can bet the farm they were. That trainer is not going to pass that "allowance" up.
The reason his "medicine bag" was not present in Dubai is because it wasn't needed. Do you really think that trainer would send a horse that needs "help" to Dubai.
The reason his assistant trainers stay with him is because they couldn't take the pay cut. Look at Lukas' assistants. They didn't cash in overnight. They still had to prove they could train despite the barn they walked away from.
Just because vet bills are inexpensive doesn't mean the trainer isn't a cheater. Perhaps your horses didn't need help. Did you ever think that maybe the man pays for the "vet work" himself? He's an admitted big time gambler. You don't think he'll pay out of pocket for his commission he'll get at the window?
FYI - a famous motto said by many trainers: "Never educate a stupid owner." and - "Treat your owners like a mushroom: Feed them bull and keep them in the dark."
Looks like Dutrow lives by both of those.
Why don't you just get off of Dutrow your boring bashing only makes you look jealous of his successes. Slewis seems to have alot more personal and professional knowledge of the man than you and I haven't meet many mushroom owners successful people have this uncanny way of getting out of the dark.
Semipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.