Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
In brief- Murphy allows in-person betting to start. State doesn't mention restrictions but in article Drazin surmises 25% capacity indoors- possibly up to 500- and 25% capacity outdoors.

My guess- based on various sources- is that the outdoor capacity would be roughly 15-30k. Depends if you measure just seats or allow for some sort of standing room. Website says 8,000 "1st come, 1st served" seats which I think includes the apron benches. I think the picnic area would account for another 2,000 or so just via seating at the tables. Then you have boxes, outdoor restaurants, and whatnot. If you allow for reasonable standing room based on square footage capacity would be much greater because the area behind the grandstand is huge and has very little seating other than a few benches and the aforementioned Max's Hot Dogs.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/hor...-2/3237162001/
TDN article said Drazin thought 15,000 based on 60,000 capacity, which would include all indoor and outdoor space. I think he's a little over his skis with that number, but I could see closer to 10k
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)