Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #19
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
Gordon was the programmer for Cynthia Publishing. I know this because I was one of the original users & anytime there was a problem, I'd have to talk with Gordon. At any rate, something happened and Mitchell went off the reservation. He started a website that had a weekly contest. If you could beat Mitchel's selection, you'd win a free All In One. I won two of them & sold them on Ebay. He even tried to sell a stock called "bet over the net" for $10,000. That didn't fly. When I told Gordon that Mitchell was giving the program away, he was pissed. He left shortly after that. Right around then the pars needed updating. Mitchell got Dave Schwartz to put together something like the track adjustment numbers that you'd add to the DRF fig + the DRF variant that was in Quirin's book. At this point, I sold my copy & began using The Capper when it came out. Mitchell left handicapping to teach grade school arithmetic in Yuma. He then died. He was a very boring speaker & I wouldn't be surprised if one of the students jabbed his compass into his eyeball, but that's just speculation on my part.
Gordon is still alive & well. He & his wife went to China & adopted a baby girl. He also wrote a very good book called Newthink: The Hidden Logic of Progressivism and the Usurpation of the Traditional American Worldviewalled.

As I said IMO you can do better.
I think he wasn't the same after he lost Cynthia Publishing In a divorce.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)