Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #83
ArlJim78

Halvonhorseraing- stay strong guy and don't underestimate the power of diet. I have seen some incredible claims of healing from all kinds of things after people had switched over to a meat diet. Something to think about perhaps. In any case hope that the remission is permanent.

track collector : get some clothes! lol
stay the course and that plateau will be in your rear view mirror.

cj- omg what a story You've really made a turnaround for the better. That has to feel good. It really helps to have that personal motivation inspired by the family events you recounted. Funny how it becomes real clear what's at stake when you think about it. Good for you, that's a huge change. I have no idea what those tennis ranks mean but it sound like you're taking it to the next level.

Me? I'm cruising along, maintaining weight and fitness. I ran a 5k last month and bested my time from one year ago by over four minutes. Ever since I've noticed that I got something out of that race, meaning I can run faster. So I've started adding more speed work into my training. Next year rather than focusing on longer fat burning distance runs I'm going to see how fast I can get. (Looking to hit an 80 Beyer speed fig!)
I'm also still encouraging and inspiring others just telling my story. Seems everywhere I turn people are using my story as a reason to make their own changes and that is awesome.
Next week I'm attending a low carb conference in Houston, kind of networking with some people and telling my story once again. I did this earlier in the year in Denver and have a couple more slated for next year. For now this is keeping me pretty busy.

good luck all.
Jim
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)