Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #78
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Checking back in. I hit a lull for a few weeks where even though I wasn't doing anything differently. I was only losing very small amounts of weight. Whatever was going on, I felt great and stuck with it. Something has kicked back in and pounds are falling off again. I'm at 38 pounds lost. I want to get down to 195, but I really don't know if that is reasonable or not at my height and age. I'm 27 pounds away.

I'm optimistic but a numeric goal isn't really that important. I haven't felt better since I retired from the Air Force. Still going to the gym regularly and playing way too much tennis. My serve has always been my weakness but the lost weight has really helped me improve it. Much more limber and able to get a nice rhythm.

As for eating, it sounds crazy but I'm almost never hungry. I eat sometimes just because I know I should and need the fuel. My wife is doing great too though she won't discuss numbers. I can see the difference though.

Check back in soon. How you doing Thask?
Still going well here. I posted about my daughter's illness in another thread. She was really the impetus for this and Jim's initial post showed the way. After losing my Dad to a heart attack in 2017 and my Mom at a much younger age to cancer, I decided I needed to do all I can to make sure I'm around for her as long as possible. I'm in better shape now than any time in the last 25 years. I'm down 45 pounds so far and still dropping weight regularly. I'm still sticking to the diet mostly outside the occasional popcorn at the movies or maybe a cheat day every couple weeks. I had Buffalo Wild Wings last week and it was still fabulous. But I think my tastes have changed. I tried chicken fried steak about a month ago and I could barely eat half of it. I just didn't taste like I remember and made me feel lethargic. I doubt I'll ever eat it again.

Anyway, just wanted to update. The weight loss has really helped my tennis game too. Since getting moved up to the 4.5 level I've mostly struggled, winning some but losing more. But recently I've been doing much better and I'm sure I'm moving faster and not tiring so fast. I nearly beat a 5.0 player in singles, losing a close third set, 6-3, 5-7, 10-8. I beat a 4.5 that had beat me three times in a row previously 6-2, 6-3. Maybe I'm just on a hot streak but the weight loss has to help. Be back in a month or so!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)