Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Kelso Sturgeon
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 07:51 AM   #38
Geekyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherdave
I picked up a second hand copy of "The Complete Guide to Horse Betting" (1993) by Kelso Sturgeon a few days ago. It surpisingly to me has no past performances, but a lot of talk about trainers, looking for trouble, claimed horses (chapter co-written by Steve Collison), jockeys. A lot of things that are not talked about in other books in this way. Although I'm not in complete agreement with him on everything, I am finding it a surprisingly good read.

I know he has a website (www.kelsosturgeon.com) where he sells mostly sports picks, but also some horse racing stuff. He has some racing systems and books (e.g. "They fix races don't they") for sale there too. Has anybody read anything else by him. The site is a too "buy my book and make it all back in a race" for me, but I am getting something out of this book. Does anybody have any experience with his other books or products?

AD
The guy takes a beating on the fora, but he's actually the real deal as a handicapper. He used to write a lot for Sports Eye and spends as much time handicapping sports as horses. A few years back, in an IM, he told me that at the upcoming Saratoga meet he was waiting for "Vincent Blengs at a price on the grass," and even named a jock. Sure enough, three weeks later, Blengs pops a 12-1 shot that didn't stand out.

His site is designed for his market, the one that can't see past today. Whatever he picks, they are actually his picks, and he does in fact spend most of his time handicapping. Don't know if he's any better than the guys here, but I've seen worse touts. Not that I'd buy his picks myself or anything.
Geekyguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)