Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
This game will look like a toss-up in the first half, but as we've seen thus far Brady and the Pats will really come alive in the second half and blow it open.

I think Belichick is going to try to flip that script this year. He knows if they fall behind this time they are probably doomed. Philly's "MO" all year is to pull ahead and smother the opponent. That's their game plan. They have the best second half defense in this league. They gave up zero points in the second half through the two playoff games. Belichick has to be thinking score first this year even though they usually "feel out" the first quarter, that is not a way to beat the Eagles. The Eagles defense plays an opposite game of the Jaguars. The Jags came out strong in the playoffs and then tired in the second half. This happened against the Steelers and the Patriots. The Eagles defense comes out loose (that's when you can burn them), as the game goes on they tighten the noose like a boa constrictor and adjust. The Vikings and Falcons scored early then they were stifled like trapped prey.

On defense the Patriots have to get a turnover or two early on. I can't see them out defensing the Eagles without a turn over advantage. My prediction is you will know who the winner is by half time. If New England is behind like they were vs. the Jags two weeks ago or like last year vs. the Falcons. They will be playing right into the Eagles wheel house.........that's how they win football games. Bill Belichick knows this, he's smarter than i am at this game and he loves to take away the other teams first "plan". I predict the Patriots will come out swinging or they will be in deep trouble........this ain't no Falcon defense from last year. That's why the Falcons updated their defense this year. Philly is great at getting the lead and closing out, that's their strength.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)