Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
I disagree, respectfully.

Greatest franchise over the entirety of the NFL's existence is the Chicago Bears.

Greatest team of the Super Bowl era is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Of course, simply my opinion. I base my opinion on the fact that since 1974 the Pittsburgh Steelers have had a 45 year unbroken streak of relevancy. There have been very, very few seasons since the season defined by "The Catch" that the Steelers have not been a major legitimate subject in the playoff, if not championship, discussion. This period has spanned 3 coaches and numerous QBs and assorted stars and superstars. The Patriots, though having won a couple AFC Championships previously, rest their claim almost entirely on the Belichick/Brady era. If the Patriots could carry on for another 15 years after those two retire, then they would have a much more legitimate claim.

IMHO. Everybody is entitled to it.
Although I grew up a Colts fan, the Steelers-Vikings was the 1st SB that I watched. That made me an automatic Steelers fan back then,but I'm still giving it to the Patriots because of the salary cap restrictions. I look at their personnel year after year and wonder how they always win.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)