Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Good Magic
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #26
f2tornado

Orb (2013) is the only FOY starter to find roses since 1995. Good Magic did run fair, albeit uninspiring, and perhaps Chad Brown didn't have him fully cranked. The horse looked a bit green on the turn for home. Brown is the master at winning 3rd from the layoff which in GM's case could be the Kentucky Derby. I'm not dismissing him but that was a dismal slow race won by a Storm Cat (0-51 Derby) and placed by Strike Power, by Speightstown known for producing sprinters. Even the maiden claimers hit the 6F pole a tenth faster than these pokes. Perhaps this bodes well for the Florida Derby tote board since I don't expect any of these aside from perhaps GM to have enough to go 9F. My eyes are quickly turning to the California contingent. Over the past 25 years, with just a few exceptions, if the roses wearing horse didn't come out of the Florida Derby it came out of the Santa Anita Derby.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)