Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #39
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Half the people replying to the poll have said that gun control laws need "common sense adjustments". Except for Dan's questioning of the age limit, none have identified any problems or proposed any improvements.
First of all, some of the rhetoric the media is spreading is absurd. For instance, they say that tougher gun laws hasn't helped Chicago. But Chicago's gun crimes are being committed by drug dealing gangs, not some introverted nerd who wants revenge. There's no question that better background checks would have stopped many of these creeps from buying a gun legally. Some say that they would get it illegally, let them try. You have to go into very dangerous areas and deal with dangerous people to buy something like an AR-15 illegally. And, if we had tougher penalties for people who sell guns illegally, it would be even harder to get a gun. We are way too easy on illegal gun sellers.

Tougher gun laws would not eliminate murders or these type of shootings, but they would help, and we have to save as many lives as possible.

Personally, I think that every school should have a fenced yard and metal detectors. When I go to an NFL game, no one gets inside the fencing without being checked for weapons. It's unfortunate that we have to subject children to this, but we have to, because we simply can't keep allowing this to happen. This is a crisis. Parents have to pressure school boards because the gov't isn't doing their job when it comes to these school shootings.

I grew up in a section of Brooklyn, East NY. We moved when I was ten, but even then it was getting bad. Eventually, over 1800 people were murdered in that one square mile area in one year! But then Rudy became mayor. Murders in New York went from over 3,000 to about 300 once Rudy Guiliani became mayor. You can stop criminals. But you have to have a smart plan and you have to make it tougher for them to commit crimes.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)