Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #42
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Kind of like the theocracy that was coming that I read on this board when GWB was prez?
I did some research on that, since I've heard you make that claim before..

But it was just one person who was doing it. An example of one of his posts, from 2005:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post
Prior to the last presidential election, I mentioned to a young republican my biggest fear was the fundamentalist and their force in the republican party. I said I didn't know how to fight this group. He suggested I find/join a group that would fight them. Moveon fills that need. They are just getting their legs and will be a force to keep an eye on as time progress's. The fundamentalists have been going at it for 8 years or more and are close to creating the theocracy they desire in Washington. Plus they have weekly meetings with their constituents to enforce their teachings. You can lol all you want but Moveon is not going away.
So as you can see, he was blaming fundamentalists in the party for the coming theocracy, not Bush directly. His concerns had started well before Bush.

Meanwhile, there have been many alt-righties here who have mentioned Obama instituting martial law, sharia law, Jude Law, you name it
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)