Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Backyard Patio
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 11:49 PM   #38
Inner Dirt

As long as someone mentioned golf I hope I will not be tarred and feathered for referencing it one more time.

I think I tend to be a negative person, but hey if you are a pessimist and assume the worst will happen you are rarely disappointed. No kidding, I am at a course in Hemet Ca hitting a large bucket at the driving range. Just using a driver and some fairway woods. There is a guy dressed in golf attire staring at me. I threw him a look back and pulled out my 9mm (just being funny pretending I am down with gang culture). He introduced himself as the club pro and said if he had my distance he would be on the PGA tour. He said no one has hit that shed before me and it was 325 yards out. This was before metal woods were common place. That was a metal maintenance building
and the worker in it where they repaired and charged the golf carts thought someone on the course was hitting balls at them.

He then asked what I shot and when I was truthful he was shocked and of
course said I just need lessons and handed me his business card. I told him I actually had tried lessons and there was no improvement. I really think he was impressed with my distance and not trying to sell his services.

Ok a club pro admired my distance, true story, but the next one is also true,......

I am in my early 20's, we usually walked as at this short par 4 course allowed people the option of not renting a cart. We only had 3 and the starter asked
if it was OK if a guy joined us to make a foursome. The starter said he was elderly but rented a cart and since we were walking he would not slow us down. We agreed to let him join us. We let the guy who I forget, was either 86 or 88 play off the ladies tees. I played off the back tees as I do and easily defeated my two friends. This old geezer who was lucky if he hit a drive, long iron, or fairway wood 125 yards beat me by a stroke!

This SOB had a deadly short game. I never saw someone can long puts like he did. I obviously got to the green faster than he did but his one putts countered my 3 putts. The old geezer even had the nerve to say his wife will think he is lying when he tells her her he beat a big strong looking young man at golf.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)