Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 11:55 PM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Good advice! Thanks old timer!
POT actually did give some great advice. Learn a circuit. Note which jocks get out clean from the gate, which ones hold back, which ones can finish well (strong near the wire). What do trainers / owners excel with...etc etc etc...If you watch too many tracks you'll never have a clue. The human element to racing is huge.

If you're looking for a tip sheet , which I don't advise, get a subscription to timeform and enjoy their product. Their top three choices for tracks with large fields hit at prices, and the overall product CJ and crew put together is awesome... But I can't emphasize enough that POTs advise is best. Learn a circuit. Gain knowledge that you can piece together for yourself, a lot of moving parts to analyzing and handicapping each race. It takes time.

Most importantly, be selective. I've never seen a track where you'll consistently find three or more good bets per card. And good bets are all you want...Bet wisely, no one has a gun to your head when it comes to betting. If you find yourself betting three or more races per card it's just my opinion you need to step away. The tiger eats you in the end. Be selective and you can actually make some money, even nowadays.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)