Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Powerline???
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #11
JimG

Re: save

Quote:
Originally posted by Rferguson
My advice is for you to save your money until they make some improvements, I've used it and followed all the rules and lost on a regular basis. I suppose that like Pizzola's program the only one that can make it work are the programmers. They seem to have eye for something that the average handicapper misses. I don't mean to knock anybody but to be honest the program has cost me a ton of money and I was only playing the races that met the suggested playable models.
First real negative we have heard on this program. Glad you posted it. Rigid rules applied to any handicapping program I feel are not the way to go and programs that seem to gravitate in that direction are not what I look for.

The old debate using as a blackbox vs using as an information aid to regular handicapping come to mind.

I have not been able to automate my play. I still "have" to handicap using whatever software I might try out. Only one's I know that successfully automate use their own program and mostly in a "database fashion". Those folks are hard working data miners.

Hang in there Rferguson...I hope it turns better for you.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)