Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 04:49 PM   #92
minethatbird08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Repole is no jerk. People that call him a jerk are the real jerks. (Tom)

He grew up in my old neighborhood (i don't know him personally) like everybody else in an average working-class neighborhood.

Made his own way and fortune on his own. Not some spoiled rich kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Believe he used to sneak into Aqueduct as a kid, like a lot of kids did.

He loves NY and is great for the sport imo and would love nothing more, like someone else said, to win the Belmont.
From my understanding he has also remained close to the friends he had growing up. Not like he got rich and forgot his real friends. Again just what I’ve heard. Regardless, these things are always a tough call; I’m generally skeptical of personal interest stories but am equally skeptical when it comes to opinions people have regarding those more successful than themselves. However, there are some facts such as those you mentioned and Repoles own statements regarding the Belmont. None of those facts make him a jerk and Ill agree he is good for the sport.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)