Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Foal Crop
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Seems like countries like Japan, France, etc. do a lot more with less ..... and handle is still very high. Blaming less foal crop as the reason racetracks are having a problem filling races is just an excuse because they don't know how to promote racing effectively, and haven't for some time.

Perhaps the failure of U.S. racing's leadership, and their inability to fix raceday medication rules when they are PEDs, will cause only the good tracks to survive.

I'm not in favor of breeding horses with little redeeming value as racers just to breed and sell. This solves the overproduction of foals that are not fast enough to become racehorses and thus solves the problem of unwanted horses.

Breed more responsibly, for quality. Breeding more lower quality horses just so gamblers have something to do on Tuesdays isnt a good enough reason to create larger crops. Register them, and put them into training. If you match foal crop with the number of people willing to be owners, we really don't need as many as we do now, and less horses will be thrown away like so much garbage.

If you don't support your local track, by actually going there once in a while, if it goes away, I have little sympathy. All locals survive in any business because the people support them, both in numbers and monetarily. A racetrack that is deader than a doornail with an empty grandstand is really not the best use for any piece of land anyway.

Sorry that this will upset many gamblers but I think about the horses first. Until there is race horse retirement arrangements made for them, across the board, I really don't mind seeing less of them put into service. And a unified force to promote and regulate horse racing.
You might want to check the takeout in France, as well as the handle there...the former is going up, and the latter is going down.

You wrote and wrote and wrote, but simple math tells you that fewer horses bred means smaller fields, and smaller fields mean lower handle. Those are facts. Everything else you wrote was melodramatic blathering.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)