Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #182
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
No, Tom, That is REALITY.
A deal was struck in mid-December to fund the US government until the end of February 2019.
The funding legislation that included NO FUNDING FOR ANY BORDER WALL was drawn up by the Senate and passed the Senate UNANIMOUSLY.
It was set to pass the House and be signed by Drumph right before the Christmas break.
Then Ann and Rush started publicly badmouthing the legislation with no wall funding in it.
So Drumph threw a temper tantrum and changed his mind in the 11th hour, saying he would refuse to sign any bill with $5.6 Billion funding for his wall.

As any parent knows, the absolute WORST thing to do is let a petulant child have their way because they threw a tantrum when they didn't get what they wanted.
If you do, the kid will have learned that all you need to do is throw a tantrum whenever you don't get what you want.
Chuck and Nancy are clearly dealing with a petulant child who is not above throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way.
So what else do you expect them to do?

Especially when after this exchange.

THE PRESIDENT: You know what I’ll say: Yes, if we don’t get what we want, one way or the other -- whether it’s through you, through a military, through anything you want to call -- I will shut down the government. Absolutely.
SENATE MINORITY LEADER SCHUMER: Okay. Fair enough. We disagree.
THE PRESIDENT: And I am proud -- and I’ll tell you what --
SENATE MINORITY LEADER SCHUMER: We disagree.
THE PRESIDENT: I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down.

No surprise to anyone, Doofus Drumph is now repeatedly doing EXACTLY what he publically promised not to do.
He's blaming the Dims for the shutdown after he very explicitly declared:
I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down.

How are you supposed to negotiate with a blatant liar?

If Drumph were an adult, he'd open the government and use his supposedly legendary dealmaking skill to get wall funding in the bill that would be passed in February.
It's pretty funny how you all get the same talking points. How many people have referred to "tantrum" lately? Good stuff fellas...

I'll remember this the next time some lib or labor union breaks off negotiations...it's not called holding your ground...or a negotiating tactic...it's simply a child's tantrum because they aren't getting what they want.

Got it!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)