Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #113
coachv30

One problem here is the "eye of the beholder". Everyone on here (people involved in the sport in some way, shape or form) with the exception of a few seem to be bothered by the behavior of this asst. starter (including myself) ...therefore, this bothered response is legit.

However, there are people who are bothered by the sport itself such and the everyday behaviors that take place such as tugging on reins, the whip, etc...

PETA would no doubt have a blast with this incident, simply because they are against the sport totally. When an incident like this occurs, it gives them a "told you so" moment for them to defend their stance. So...personally I don't believe PETA needs to be bought into this matter at all, since it didn't go on blind eyes and deaf ears...the incident was recognized and a consequences were dealt out.

It was obviously a knee-jerk reaction by the asst. starter. Maybe he was injured in some way during the jostling (such as pinching his finger, or banging his elbow) and he acted out upon instinct without thinking.

Again, I'm not defending the behavior. I just making a case that it could have been the first time this individual acted on impulse resulting in this incident.

Last edited by coachv30; 06-29-2018 at 02:43 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)