Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 12:33 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I was looking over her PPs today....she was a little bit before my time, so I never saw her run live. It shocked me that she was primarily a sprinter until very late in her 3yo campaign.

I also don't really get all the fury Lukas endures from her limited 5yo campaign. OK, she wins the BC Distaff at 4yo, and is voted HOY. She comes back about 4 months later, making her first start off the layoff in the DONN HANDICAP. A pretty ambitious spot. She gets her clock cleaned....

She takes another break, comes back in an Allowance race, and romps if memory serves. She then has a couple more good outings before that race at Saratoga where she bolts and is retired. What am I missing here? Where did Lukas grind her into the ground. I think she started 17 times as a 3yo, almost as much as a 4yo, and only a handful of times at 5 before being retired. If he were really looking to grind her, why did they retire her?? They could have made the excuse that her last race was run over a SLOPPY track against MALES. But they didn't....

Again, I wasn't into racing at that time, so I never got the full 'vibe' of what was going on with her and Lukas, but on paper, it seems everything was 'normal'.

What am I missing?

==PA
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most