Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #5385
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But YOU are the one who most recently made the claim that there are more important points of comparison between biblical Christianity and other religions. Since you made that claim (with exceedingly lame talking points to boot), then the burden of proof is on you to show that there are no significant theological differences between biblical Christianity and other religions.

I challenged you with only two areas of total uniqueness, since I'm a gracious guy. I have proved many times that God saves his people BY grace, THROUGH faith, and not of or by [good] works or by law-keeping and that even that faith is not of themselves, for it, too, is a gift from God. This teaching is unique to the bible.

The second issue I raised is the Trinity (a theological term). God is one, yet in three distinct persons -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The bible nowhere teaches that there are three gods. Therefore, the triunity of God is also unique to the canon of scripture known as the bible.

Have a nice, evening, sir.
Whether or not there are "significant theological differences between biblical Christianity and other religions" is of no consequence unless you can first prove
  1. there is one and only one deity
  2. that deity is the Abrahamic god
  3. your religion is the one true religion of all the thousands who worship said deity
Until you can do that the discussion of "theological details" (Mark Twain's words) is pointless.

You have a nice evening too.

» Advertisement