Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 08:12 PM   #54
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
As a single parent, while raising my son alone, I often felt the need to give him some guidance in his life…some “useful” advice which might lead him to a better life than he would otherwise have. After much contemplation…I discovered, to my considerable surprise, that there was nothing meaningful that I could tell him which wasn’t just an opinion that I had borrowed, in one way or another, from someone else. There was virtually nothing concrete that I could find in my own life’s “philosophy” whose credibility I could honestly say that I had verified on my own.
i think the late dick mitchell (?) said, "talent borrows, genius steals" so maybe you at least have talent.

how is your son doing with the car? hopefully better?

for all the talent here (people beating a brutal game while simultaneously having impressive knowledge of science, religion, politics,....) this can be a very negative place many days. sometimes so negative that i wonder if the horseplayer can ever overcome whatever demons that led him to the game? but that day everyone rallied around your son and wanted the best for him and if only for the moment, inspired a little hope in our breed.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)