Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Saratoga 2017
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #14
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If you find that you always run out of cash before your Saratoga vacation ends...then, maybe you shouldn't "Love the Spa". IMO...the first thing the "longtime horseplayer" should realize is that his loyalty should primarily be to his WALLET...and not to some over-glamorized racing meet, whose racing menu may not match up favorably with the particular handicapping skills that he possesses. Saratoga is an abbreviated meet, with many races for inexperienced horses...and many grass races. And the shippers from all over the country present their own unique difficulties...in an already difficult game. How you deal with these handicapping conditions will determine how long your bankroll will last at that place.

Here is the most "wisdom" that I am capable of:

Forget what people say about what track is "best", and what track is "worst". All of us here have our own particular peculiarities...and we follow different "systems and methods". Get to know yourself as a player, and find out what types of races your particular skill-set is best suited for. And then find a track that offers a preponderance of these types of races. The entire country is eagerly anticipating the Saratoga meet, even though the eventual betting results there are invariably negative...for all but the very few. To be honest...I can't see what this Saratoga "euphoria" is all about.

It seems to me that a great number of horseplayers out there are using the Saratoga meet as some sort of "test" of their handicapping prowess...and their "value" as players. "If they can make it there, they can make it ANYWHERE"...that sort of thing. I just like to keep reminding myself that the money is just as green anywhere else.
Sound advice Thask! He should treat Saratoga with the same respect of every other track by singling out the best percentage plays day in and day out. like they say a $12 winning ticket at Delaware is better then a $6 payout at the Spa.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)