Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #18
GMB@BP

2/10/18 San Vicente, 7F, Santa Anita

DRF Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20180210&RN=6

Timeform Figures 1/4-146 1/2-134 3/4-123 Final Fig-116

Analysis - Kanthanka: Normally I would not have a 7F race in a Derby prep section but this race has produced some Derby horses in Nyquist and Silver Charm. I rated Kantanka with a punchers chance should a melt down occur, probably underestimated his maiden win as he had trouble, but a great setup as well. While he was captializing on the collapsing pace around the turn it was still fast, rather have a horse do that than it be much slower than par. He made such a big turn move he tired pretty good late. His breeding to me is suspect going longer and that turn move just screams sprinter. I can't toss him at this point but I would eliminate him in most cases going long next time and try to use his action to increase my positive expectation on the race.

Nero: He ran the best race, and its actually not that close. He actually earned the better TUS figure, 118-116 against the winner. But I think all that is secondary. Nero, heard about this colt back in May or so. But horse is a headcase, supposedly he can just turn off when you ask him to really run, or hit him. In this race though, after being gutted by those fractions Ezpinosa really got into him, and he didnt quit, if anything he stayed on in remarkable fashion. If this horse has turned the corner he is very dangerous. I am not sure I play him next out as everyone will know he ran a great race, just saying this a talented colt.

All Out Blitz: Too bad he showed up here and not going long against a middling field as off his last race as stated in another thread he pretty much had no shot. 9/1 or 10% of the pool is only half the track takeout so his elimination from this field didnt help to much in playing the race.

Ax Man: Broke step slow, rushed up into suicide pace, collapsed. Feels like a betable horse in the right spot next time to me.

Race Replay

Attached Images
File Type: png sanvicente.png (54.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by cj; 02-12-2018 at 08:56 PM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement