Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
burnsy
self medicated

Totally agree Tom, but that's been the case in many of those Derby's, that's the horse I look for now, the "right now" horse. The peak race of the horses life becomes the derby. Nyquist, Mine That Bird, Giacomo, Orb, Super Saver and I'll Have Another, who only lasted one more race. The rest of those never lived up to it. Even the mighty Street Sense was out of the picture by mid summer. Who knows what's going on with Always Dreaming. Maybe, (hopefully) he will bounce back.

These are just the winners of the Derby. The Triple Crown should have some consistency, if its going to be called a "Triple". That's the main point, one horse (out of 20) competes in all 3? As soon as you lose, you are out, in many cases. And the elephant in the room is people saying that their horse can't do it. People don't say it out loud. But the intentions show loud and clear when one horse can't hit the board twice (in 3 races) because there are so few that come back to each one. That doesn't even touch on the ones that really can't go due to ailments and/or fatigue. Tradition and all that crap sounds great, horse racing and baseball are stuck on this nonsense...........that's why the new generations could give a crap. Its getting harder and harder to call this thing a "Triple"........no other sport could get away with it. I can almost agree with drunk guy (owner) that was bitching about California Chrome after the Belmont at this point. One horse ran in all 3, that's a joke.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)