Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: World Cup 2018
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 03:21 AM   #16
snappit

Interesting stuff and good to see a thread like this on an American forum. Agree, you can't really leave George Best of a list of the best ever. Overlooked really, as coming from Northern Ireland he never got the chance to play on the world stage. That and his alcohol problems, he died far too young. Probably one of the most naturally gifted players I've seen.

I think America as a whole will 'get' football eventually as it seems to be getting more popular there, especially with the young. Not qualifying this year hasn't helped the cause. I don't know if you heard but it was just announced that the US will host the 2026 tournament jointly with Canada and Mexico. That will be a big boost.

The one thing about football, as has been said, you can just start a game anywhere, I remember as a kid we'd play in the street or just pop down to the park and put a couple of jumpers down for the goal.

I don't know much about American football although do try and watch the superbowl even though I haven't got a clue what is happening. It's certainly a good show.

I do like baseball and went to see some games when I visited the US and Canada. You never know we might even be able to get you to like cricket, my favourite game. Although I'm not that convinced I will be able to attract you to a game that lasts 5 days and end in a draw. You might quite like the shorter one day game though.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)