Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: W O W ! ! ! !
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #188
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Here's the bottom line on Arrogate today.

Almost every single one of us who were watching the DWC live, shortly after the start, said to ourselves, oh well, it was nice while it lasted, but it's going to take a miracle to win this race with the trip he's getting...breaking dead last and going wide wide wide...come on...admit it...you thought there was no way in hell he was going to win that race...let alone win with ease.

This horse became a legend in Dubai...and that's that.
He was up against it, it was a great performance, but I'm in the group that says it is over the top to take the Baffert position that he was dead out of the gate. A superior horse with a superior jockey can overcome the adversity. I've seen plenty of speed horses miss their break, not get pushed by the jockey to make the "death move" into the pace, instead patiently riding the horse and winning. Horses like Arrogate with push button speed don't necessarily need the lead, they just instinctively prefer being at the head of the herd. I watched the race a few times, and Arrogate looked like he was always moving well. He never lost interest. He was a superior horse to begin with. It wasn't like Moreno getting shuffled to last in the BC Classic. Moreno was a need to lead type and really did lose all chance.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)