Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #283
bobphilo

cj,

Hope all goes well for your daughter and you. When you are able to get back to your study let me just repeat a bit of advice which is especially pertinent now.
Do not try to combine all the variables people are suggesting all at once in your study. There are just too many combinations which increase exponentially every time you add a variable. That doesn't mean that there aren't other variables which have an effect but to try to combine them in one study leads to sheer chaos and unnecessary work, which is the last thing you need right now. You can do a pilot study to find the correlation coefficient between the variables of different pace patterns and performance. You can do a regression analysis which can predict the effect of one independent variable (pace patterns) on another dependent variable (Win%, R.O.I.) Then you can do a multiple regression analysis with added variables such as field size etc, which will give you the predictive value of each value of each combination of variables. That's how I was trained to do it. You can easily find the statistical software to do this online. Also do not hesitate to ask me for any additional help you need in this study. Be well.

Bob

Last edited by bobphilo; 10-14-2018 at 04:25 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)